2015年4月7日星期二

How To Use A Sock To Get Beautiful Curly Hair Without Heat

If you are a mom on the go with long hair you HAVE TO try this.  It will  knock your socks off and have you wrapping your hair up in them!  This is all about how to make your hair beautiful with no heat and no time.  Curl your hair in your sleep with a sock.
Yup, you heard me right.  Have you heard of this sock bun?  You really can curl your hair in your sleep with a sock.  If you have ever ran out the door in a sweat, with two different earnings in, desperately trying to throw some bobby pins in your hair in hopes that you don’t look like a mess.  You know what I am talking about Mom’s – This is for you.  In my house I get everyone else in the family ready first.  They are all looking adorable for every function  before I have even given a thought to what I am going to do to with my own hair.  Any busy mom knows exactly what I mean.  Whatever time is left is what determines your look for the day (good or bad), right?
This is the sock bun before and after of my hair. I have long hair with a cut that includes a lot of layering.  I have a natural wave to my hair and would say it curls very easily. From what I have read, this works on hard to curl hair too.  I do not have to use product for this to work in my hair.



Here are the  step by step instructions on how to make this work.
First steal a sock from your husband’s dress sock collection (that is what I did anyway). I chose a longer, thinner dress sock. Cut off the toe of the sock.

Now roll the sock into a ring. This is now your new favorite hair styling tool, I promise you!  This is all you need to make the curls in the picture above. To do this you start with dry hair.

Put your dry hair into a high ponytail. Get it as high on top of your head as you can. I flip my head over and gather the hair to put into a ponytail.  Secure the hair with a hair tie.

Now spritz just the hair in your ponytail with water.  You do not want it to be  wet.  I would call it slightly damp.  Remember you want it to dry overnight – if it is too wet it will not dry completely.  After you have tried this a few times you will know the perfect dampness for your own hair.


Now grab your rolled up sock and put your ponytail through the hole.  Pull the sock straight up to the tip of your ponytail.  When you pull the sock to the top of your ponytail – slide it back down just a bit.  With the hair that is sticking out spread it all the way around the sock evenly.   After the hair is spread around the sock it should go up and over the sock and then get tucked under the sock.   You should now have all of the ends of your hair neatly underneath the sock ring so you can begin rolling the hair onto the sock.  Start rolling the sock down so your hair is being fed through the hole, then up and around the sock.
Now simply roll all of your hair onto the sock until you reach the base of your ponytail.  Try to keep the ponytail straight up while you roll so that the hair is taught.
When you are finished rolling the hair onto the sock you have a  bun on top of your head.  I’m not going to lie I have dropped off my son at school with the bun in my hair.  There is no need to secure it with anything else.  It will stay put perfectly just the way it is.  Now go to sleep and dream about how beautiful your hair will be when you awake!  In the morning remove the bun and TA-DA!!!  You have a head full of soft pretty curls.
This is my new go-to styling technique. I have been doing this at least four times a week to my hair.   It looks great all down, in a simple ponytail, or half up.  I would do this for a fancy evening out or to curl my hair for an up-do as well.  It gives me such natural looking  perfect curls.  So simple and so beautiful. Anyone can do this.  It is nice to be able to leave the house and not feel like a mess for a change.  This look is quite different from my normal hair in a messy bun because I ran out of time to do anything with it look – and it takes the same amount of time.



没有评论:

发表评论